2000 Jordan Institute
North Carolina's Families for Kids Goals
1. Community-based support for families, to emphasize keeping families together. <--FFK2's focus
2. One coordinated assessment process for each family, to eliminate multiple assessments and red tape.
3. One case worker or case work team for each family, to provide continuity and streamline the placement process.
4. One single, stable foster care placement for each foster child within the child's own community, to reduce the trauma caused by multiple placements.
5. A permanent home for every child within one year, to eliminate years spent waiting for a place to call home.
© 2000 Jordan Institute for Families